Shower Valve Identification Help for New Trim Kit

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonixtwo

Reaction score
I have a pull to turn on shower valve that I'm looking for some assistance identifying. I would like to replace the handle and trim. I am fairly sure it is a Moen, but I haven't been able to confirm that with a part number or any identifying marks on the valve body. I don't have rear access.

If anyone could help confirm, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

-MikeIMG_4839.jpgIMG_4836.jpgIMG_4831.jpg

that is a moen, can you show the handle and trim????
Thanks!

Here is a photo of the handle and trim that were installed when I moved in. I believe the previous homeowners may have used a universal type kit.

I'm having a hard time finding handle options other than what was already installed. Does the push/pull limit the selection?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_4841.jpg
    IMG_4841.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
that trim is moen....i don't work on moen very often if you contact them they will point you in the right direction or bring these pics to a plumbing supply house this is a very common valve they will definitely have parts bring the trim
with you also...

that trim is moen....i don't work on moen very often if you contact them they will point you in the right direction or bring these pics to a plumbing supply house this is a very common valve they will definitely have parts bring the trim
with you also...
Since you live in Boston, let me guess. You primarily see Symmons? :)

It could be a MOEN 1225B or 1222B. From what i can see looks like 1225B

Thank you for the help everyone. I found an adapter for the 5&7 screw position, which let me use pretty much any Moentrol kit.

I appreciate the guidance and assistance,

-Mike

Attachments

• IMG_4960.jpeg
    IMG_4960.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back