Shower timer with shut off , Acqua tempus

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nemo72

Reaction score
hi there!!
I have just seen this shower timer in internet? they send it all over the world (they say)

any feed back from any plumber or end user who has installed it at home?

I have big problems with my children's showers and I must do something about it to restrict the maximum shower timer,....., otherwise.... I am going to go absolutely mad with them

waiting for any feedback
Regards

They will learn to defeat the timer, that is how kids are.

thank u,
tha's why I am trying to get some feed back from someone who has tried it.
in the video, it seems to be tough...
my children are not vandals, just don't give a crap for the water and gas they waste

it looks good;
made in Spain
if I aske them I already know the answer they are going to give me : ohh it is wonderful, the best shower timer in the world ..etc....

ver

My son use to stand in the shower until there was no hot water left. One day goofing around while he was in the shower
I turned the cold water valve off to the water heater and it didn't take long for him to get out of a cold shower. He didn't stand in
there quite as long after that because he didn't like cold showers. I never did tell him what his ole dad did to him.

If you see the kids take a pair of pliers or small wrench to the shower, it's a good bet that they are simply going to switch those 2 hoses back the way they were. No more timer intervention!

Out of curiosity, how does it reset itself for the next shower?

If you see the kids take a pair of pliers or small wrench to the shower, it's a good bet that they are simply going to switch those 2 hoses back the way they were. No more timer intervention!

Out of curiosity, how does it reset itself for the next shower?

I have asked Arelia for further info and they have send me a picture with a security seal in the hose so children won't be able to switch the hoses back. I am having good vibrations about this shower timer, I may order it, seems to be well built and designed.
oh, they said it resets itself once the delay time has passed.

As I said, I am probably buying one Acqua tempus and I will come back to this forum to tell all the details. I live in the UK so it is 48 hours from Spain to my house.
It may be good or may be bad, who knows, but I must do something with children's showers

Last edited:
I have asked Arelia for further info and they have send me a picture with a security seal in the hose so children won't be able to switch the hoses back. I am having good vibrations about this shower timer, I may order it, seems to be well built and designed.
oh, they said it resets itself once the delay time has passed.
Hopefully you can control the delay time.
Sounds good overall.
Best of luck.

I received it from Spain on Friday; I have already installed it in the bath;
It works just as they said; excellent product!!

shower_timer_acqua_tempus2.jpg

shower_timer_acqua_tempus1.jpg

Hi Nemo, followi g your recommendation, we ordered one Acqua Tempus from Spain:, the attention was pretty good snd clear, they gave us about 5 days for delivery in the US but took 15 days, cause of covid19 they said (UPS is a horrible courier).
Finally received it and installed it, works fine and my daughters rapidly got used to it.

No electrical installation or plumbing is needed which makes it particularly interesting, the device is very expensive though.

After all this all I can say is I am pleased with this shower timer you haved posted on. Thx

hi, I am glad you have installed at home
let's see how reliable Acqua Tempus is in the long run
to this day, it works fine

Last edited:
How's this shower timer working out?
What happens when it has timed out and the water isnt shut off at the mixer?

How's this shower timer working out?
What happens when it has timed out and the water isnt shut off at the mixer?
Fine, to this day it is working very well and my childfen are used to it, there is no more anger at home in the morning.
Regarding your last question, If the user does not shut the tap when shower time is off, after delay time is gone, it returns to shower mode and will reopen the inner valve and you will see water coming out of your shower head for 1 or 2 seconds, but nothing to worry about : Acqua Tempus has some kind of sensor in its electronics and will detect it without fail and will shut the tap. My wife and I are a bit impressed with this device.
Hope it helps

Latest posts

Back