SHOWER PANEL - HOW TO REPLACE JUST THE RAIN HEAD

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minskore

Reaction score
Hi:
I have a shower panel in my bathroom, body jets, handheld and rainhead (pics attached). The rain head was damaged so my husband removed it, with the intent to replace it. But he saw that it has this dual valve and doesn't know how to attach a regular shower head to this....or what type of shower head I could buy that will work here? I contacted a plumber and he said he's never seen this setup before so he doesn't know how to replace the shower head :) Does anyone know if / how we could install a regular old shower head here, or what type of shower head we could buy to install? Or do we have to replace the entire panel? If so, what type of shower panel do I buy that will attach to the same setup? We don't know anything about plumbing, but I want to buy the right thing then call a plumber to get him/her to install it.

Attachments

• IMG_3602.JPG
    IMG_3602.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4409.jpg
    IMG_4409.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3606.JPG
    IMG_3606.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi:
I have a shower panel in my bathroom, body jets, handheld and rainhead (pics attached). The rain head was damaged so my husband removed it, with the intent to replace it. But he saw that it has this dual valve and doesn't know how to attach a regular shower head to this....or what type of shower head I could buy that will work here? I contacted a plumber and he said he's never seen this setup before so he doesn't know how to replace the shower head :) Does anyone know if / how we could install a regular old shower head here, or what type of shower head we could buy to install? Or do we have to replace the entire panel? If so, what type of shower panel do I buy that will attach to the same setup? We don't know anything about plumbing, but I want to buy the right thing then call a plumber to get him/her to install it.

Is there a name brand, what is the chrome cover, do yo hav3 pics of the damaged shower head

You are not going to find anything like that in the USA that I know of. It is proprietary to whoever made it.
Find the idots that installed that POS and ask where they got it.
Every panel is different, so you may have to disassemble and rely on the varying level of experience from someone in a showroom at a highly reputable location.
Do not buy anything other than major A line mfrs: Grohe, Hansgorhe, Am Std, Kohler, Pfister, Moen.
You are better off to just reinstall the existing if at all possible.

Is there a name brand, what is the chrome cover, do yo hav3 pics of the damaged shower head

Here are the pics of the shower head...there's a very tiny crack in the metal, barely able to see it, but water sprays out to the side with force when it's used.

Attachments

• IMG_4558.jpg
    IMG_4558.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4559.jpg
    IMG_4559.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4560.jpg
    IMG_4560.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4561.jpg
    IMG_4561.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 8

There's no brand name written on it anywhere but this item number is written on the invoice: CF-LTA013. I realize we'll likely never find a replacement head (the company I bought from is out of business since covid). But if I knew what type of head I could buy to go there or if I have to replace the entire panel then what type I should buy...it would be helpful. Would appreciate any help at all.

There's no brand name written on it anywhere but this item number is written on the invoice: CF-LTA013. I realize we'll likely never find a replacement head (the company I bought from is out of business since covid). But if I knew what type of head I could buy to go there or if I have to replace the entire panel then what type I should buy...it would be helpful. Would appreciate any help at all.
Have you googled those numbers?????? Maybe something will come up

Hi:
I just googled those numbers your valve cane right up I think it is KUBO made in china

With that link to Ali Express, get manufacturer name. There must be a US wholesaler/distributer who can help, there may even be a warranty still in effect.

If no joy that way, I'd look to get it repaired. Maybe epoxy would work; there are transparent varieties.
Good Luck!

EDIT: ..... here they are, dealer, or distributor ??
Shower Faucets & Systems | Hudson Reed

P.S. Apparently there's a 10 year warranty.
Why Shop With Us

Last edited:
the dual valve showing on your 2nd pic:
they're outlets, one is for rainfall and the other one is for waterfall function, because your damaged shower head is with 2 functions: rainfall & waterfall, so 2 outlets for them.
1) Try to uninstall the dual valve, check if their threads are NPT 1/2", per my attached picture.
2) If the first solution does not work, try to uninstall all parts showing on your 2nd pic, find your water supplying pipe which is behind the brass parts usually. You shall find a connector/wall supply elbow, where you could install a new shower arm and rain head.
Good Luck!!

Attachments

• IMG_44091.jpg
    IMG_44091.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back