Shower pan

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandonlc

Reaction score
I'm currently remodeling my master bath and I'm going to install a alcove shower pan. Problem is, the pan is 60" and the space I have is 59.25". Wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can make this work?

You might could notch the end studs .5” on each end where the pan flange hits the studs.

If you do this make sure the finished wall has enough room to sit without hanging over into the shower base. There’s a flat ledge where the finished wall rests.

Post a link to your pan

That's what I was thinking but if I do that, I will most likely run into a problem with the shower door kit not fitting due to the opening not being wide enough kinda like in this image

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211231-220804_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211231-220804_Drive.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 9
That's what I was thinking but if I do that, I will most likely run into a problem with the shower door kit not fitting due to the opening not being wide enough kinda like in this image

yep. You could do a custom door or shop around for one that fits a reduced opening, if ones made.

Some people like shower doors, personally I find 99 out of 100 nasty traps. It’s just almost impossible to keep it all clean. I also do not like how they close up 1/2 the shower threshold at any given time.

But I realize they’re a desired item to some.

You could rebuild one wall with ripped down studs. Just don’t do the faucet wall or if you do make sure the wall is deep enough to accommodate your shower valve

Last edited:
Some people like shower doors, personally I find 99 out of 100 nasty traps. It’s just almost impossible to keep it all clean. I also do not like how they close up 1/2 the shower threshold at any given time.

But I realize they’re a desired item to some.
Spot on. When I had my master bath remodeled, I didn't add the shower door. The old one was disgusting, esp. in the ridges that couldn't be reached by a normal scrubber. I have a nice shower curtain, and it works well for me. I plan to stay in my home forever so the next occupant can rip it all out and put in a shower door.

Back