Shower leaking, found cause but not sure what to do

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newhomeguy11

Reaction score
Pictures attached below will show the problem better than I can describe it. Water is slowing leaking from this one piece when the shower is running. If someone could tell me what needs to be done to fix this, I can do the research to find the parts and do the replacement, just not sure at this point what exactly needs to be done.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 17
Take a picture of the faucet without the chrome piece on it. Looks like a moen posi-temp faucet but can't see what cartridge
you have for sure. If the water is coming out of the cartridge it needs replaced.

Take a picture of the faucet without the chrome piece on it. Looks like a moen posi-temp faucet but can't see what cartridge
you have for sure. If the water is coming out of the cartridge it needs replaced.

Leak actually is coming from the front of the cartridge, and dripping back towards the valve. Here is the picture.

Attachments

• shower.JPG
    shower.JPG
    780.2 KB · Views: 11
It looks like you need a moen #1225 cartridge. You would also need a cartridge puller to get it out. Does the large round trim
plate say moen on it?

It looks like you need a moen #1225 cartridge. You would also need a cartridge puller to get it out. Does the large round trim
plate say moen on it?

The trim plate does say Moen.

Looks like there is a 1225 and a 1225B cartridge. Does it matter which one I get?

Get the 1225. I believe the 1225B is a brass cartridge. I always use the 1225 plastic cartridges as they are easier
to get out when needed.

Latest posts

Back