Shower Knob Replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivinew

Reaction score
Hi, I need to get a replacement for my shower knob but I can't seem to find info on it online. I looked on the plate and it says LM 104870 and the company is SA?

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5081.jpg

Does anyone know what SA stands for because I can't find it anywhere on Google so I'm having some trouble trying to find the replacement for this.

Thanks!

I believe it is just a local production number and probably not anything you would get a match from. I'd recommend you take off the handle and plate, and peruse the selection at Lowe's or Home Depot and physically match up a replacement.

I have exactly same plate with LM104870, I need to replace catridge and also looking for the brand name.
I think CSA is not brand name, it means certified pruduct in US and Canada.

If you find the brand name please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Although I just went thru about 150 different valves from the Home Depot catalog, I was unable to locate it. I have seen this set up often in homes, and believe it is an older Price Pfister or Moen brand. Have you considered removing the handle and plate to see it you could match it up with a current one for sale?

I went to the local stores and none of them had it. I'm planning to go to Home Depot tomorrow or Saturday.

I had a problem that had no cold water from same faucet. I took the catridge and fixed the problem. now it's working fine.
I tried to find it from all stores but, I could not find it.
You may try to fix it.

If you can take the handle off so that the cartridge is visible, and post another picture of that, it might help in identifying what brand of valve it is.

How did you get he cartridge off? I got the handle and wall plate off. I have no hot water. Thanks!

I had a problem that had no cold water from same faucet. I took the catridge and fixed the problem. now it's working fine.
I tried to find it from all stores but, I could not find it.
You may try to fix it.

Here is the pic without the wall cover. I'm trying to figure out how to get the valve out. Thanks

image.jpg

Post a side view pic. so we can get a better view at the retainer nut. You might have a Sayco Valve there.

Found the model and how it comes apart...it's discontinued from manufacturer...check out the pic

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back