Shower Horizontal to Horizontal Darin Vent Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwgreen1173

Reaction score
Hi,
I am swapping tub for a standup shower stall.
The p-trap and supply where actually on the floor not under so I need to re-route the drainage.

I just had a quick question. I read about a wet vent, but was wondering if it is ok to have a vent coming back from the Y.

This is a top view and so this is a horizontal connection.
Is this ok?
Should I go from drain to waste and the a t out of the top and 2 x90 to vent?

Thanks in advance.

20211225_124732.jpg

The drawing is incorrect and not to code.
For a shower 2" drain x 1-1/2 Wye for the vent, is to be rolled off minimum at 45 deg. after the trap.
Horizontal wet venting can be done if your jurisdiction allows and there are rules to follow...not going to quote code books here.

I’d pipe it like that if I was in a tight situation between floors. Just make sure the vent can be cleaned if need be. Install a cleanout in the vent above the fixture.

It would be legal in most trailer parks in South America

Hi,
I am swapping tub for a standup shower stall.
The p-trap and supply where actually on the floor not under so I need to re-route the drainage.

I just had a quick question. I read about a wet vent, but was wondering if it is ok to have a vent coming back from the Y.

This is a top view and so this is a horizontal connection.
Is this ok?
Should I go from drain to waste and the a t out of the top and 2 x90 to vent?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 32836
no., Add a WYE facing up after the Wye for the shower drain., make the Vent wye which is on the Drain side Face up., run it into the roof to vent. And then it is perfectly legal. tie the vent wye into the vent stack with a 45 fitting

Back