Shower help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Norm

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here. I'm helping my son out with a leaky shower/ broken diverter but I can't seem to find a brand, so not sure how to fix or what to replace it with. I'm sure you all will know instantly. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• PXL_20210529_155008109.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210529_155008109.MP.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20210529_155003731.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210529_155003731.MP.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
I can't find any marking of name on any parts.. The other shower in the house is a Simmons and is labeled as Simmons. This one is not labeled and looks different.

Looks like a symmons to me. Other than that, I can’t help you.

Thank you. I'm going to put a new valve in my other shower. I'll then see if the parts will fit this valve also.. Thanks for your help

That's a summons shower valve one of theost bullet proof valves around very few parts to repair summons makes their own tools to repair the valve VERY SIMPLE ,sorry for the auto correct symmons is what I meant

Thank you. I'm going to put a new valve in my other shower. I'll then see if the parts will fit this valve also.. Thanks for your help
Theses valves are made in Braintree ma very popular in our area most plumbers will recommend them
This valve is referred to as a s-96-2 if tub and shower s 96-1 if shower only

That's a summons shower valve one of theost bullet proof valves around very few parts to repair summons makes their own tools to repair the valve VERY SIMPLE ,sorry for the auto correct symmons is what I meant
Would you know the part numbers? There are a few different repair kits. Thanks for your reply

The stem is a ta-10
Ta-4 is the hot and cold seat
T35c is the complete wrench kit you will need

Ta-25a is the diverter cartridge
Not sure what else you need
How are you heating your water a hot water tank or a tankless coil in your boiler the stem #s are diffrent

The stem is a ta-10
Ta-4 is the hot and cold seat
T35c is the complete wrench kit you will need

Ta-25a is the diverter cartridge
Not sure what else you need
How are you heating your water a hot water tank or a tankless coil in your boiler the stem #s are diffrent
Hot water tank. Thanks for the info.

Back