Shower head - pictures attached

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmicahdowns

Reaction score
I have a delta shower head. While attempting to replace the ball/springs etc, I think I moved the white piece that the ball fits in to (picture attached). I think it used to be directly vertical, and now it’s not. The white vertical hole, when put in the slot, doesn’t line up vertically.

Once I reassembled the shower handle, the handle is a bit sideways, and the hot/cold isn’t working correctly. My guess is because it’s sideways, the hot and cold water is coming through the different holes unevenly.

My question is, can the brass piece be twisted (is it two pieces or one piece?) or not? I don’t want to risk breaking the pipes that the brass piece attaches to.

If it’s two brass pieces, is it best to twist the one that attaches to the shower handle (force it)?

If it’s one brass piece and doesn’t twist, any idea of why it’s no longer vertical?

Attachments

• 53BEAD63-D2BF-4E95-A338-FC730A381E90.jpeg
    53BEAD63-D2BF-4E95-A338-FC730A381E90.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2673BDE1-63A5-4586-817C-E31FFE92CBB2.jpeg
    2673BDE1-63A5-4586-817C-E31FFE92CBB2.jpeg
    756.8 KB · Views: 20
  • AF953BBE-22CD-40A1-B866-1F41E0E0DD50.jpeg
    AF953BBE-22CD-40A1-B866-1F41E0E0DD50.jpeg
    822.8 KB · Views: 18
It is called a "shower valve".
Yes, it is twisted. Unfortunately, that is an old style that lamely made use of three copper tubes.
Often, when removing the stubborn chrome cap, the tubes become contorted.
Nothing like poorly designed junk!

Yes, it is twisted. Unfortunately, that is an old style that lamely made use of three copper tubes.

Hmm - that’s disappointing! I’m afraid of attempting to twist it back and the copper lines breaking...

What should I do to get it back? Will twisting it back potentially break the lines? Should I just call a plumber in case it might?

Hmm - that’s disappointing! I’m afraid of attempting to twist it back and the copper lines breaking...

What should I do to get it back? Will twisting it back potentially break the lines? Should I just call a plumber in case it might?
REPLACE IT

Latest posts

Back