Shower handle trim plate replacement. Need Help!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhacl86

Reaction score
I had this plumber redo the basement shower. Told him to replace the shower handle plate/kit and this is what he gave me. It seems like it was material from another job that he took off and reused. The current plate is from Glacier Bay.

Can anyone recommend a simple replacement kit in Chrome that I can purchase from home depot or Amazon, etc. Thanks in advance!!

IMG_20200919_150254.jpgIMG_20200919_150319.jpgIMG_20200919_150325.jpgIMG_20200919_150339.jpg

there are no universal trim kits....what ever brand and model that is is what you need
is there a et screw on the side of the handle??? if so its call a fit all handle and is not used on
your shower,if you think its glacier bay show these pic to tech support

Last edited:
The "plumber" has messed you up. Get that person or company to do it right. That used junk is good for nothing.

He isn't picking up my calls anymore. So if I get the same glacier bay trim/handle it should fit without a problem right?

Just gotta find one in chrome

I do not deal with Glacier Bay so can't be of assistance. Sorry.
For anyone reading this site: WHEN YOU INSTALL SHOWER VALVES, PLAN ON PURCHASING ONLY THOSE WITH INTEGRAL STOPS.
Integral stops allow servicing of the valve without having to shut down the whole house.
When someone works on your property, keep the paperwork forever.

Back