Shower faucet won’t work after freeze

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxGirl

Reaction score
Hello! I am in Central Texas and have a problem after our freezing weather. The shower faucet in the master bath will not turn on. This faucet is the only one in the house that will not work. It is on an outer wall. I made sure all the other faucets were turned off and checked my meter and it didn’t move. It was recommended to me to put a small space heater in the restroom and I tried that for a few hours but it didn’t help. The faucet is a Moen. I took off the handle and replaced it, now I have a drip. Any ideas? Recommendations?

It could be frozen.

You could turn the water off and pull the cartridge out to make sure it’s not the cartridge.

I’m guessing it’s frozen. Put that heater back in there. Get it hot.

Take the trim off and get a blow dryer and try to blow into the wall. Same with the shower escutcheon, slide it forward and maybe direct heat in there if possible.

Dont wait, do it now.

Dont burn your house down.

Locate the main stop valve for your home, when it all thaws out you may need to use it.

I am afraid we will see much more traffic on this site, from the poor peeps in TEXAS..... this is going to be a real DISASTER, when all these pipes thaw out, and start flooding homes and businesses..... plumbers gonna get RICH, and TIRED......

Back