Shower Faucet Thread Adaptor?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainintheSwamp

Reaction score
I ran into a little issue installed a new shower faucet set on an old clawfoot tub. Shower faucet thread is mail coarse. The water line thread is female fine. How can I make it compatible? I’ve exhausted the homedept/lowes idea’s and researched pretty deep on the web. Still can’t find my answers. I feel it should be pretty simple. I’ve attached some pictures below. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5686.jpg
    IMG_5686.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5685.jpg
    IMG_5685.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5684.jpg
    IMG_5684.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 12
It appears that the old fittings are compression fittings on chromed tubing. The new is a standard pipe thread. If you follow the tubing back, it should go to a valve. You can buy new tubing with pipe thread on one end and compression on the other if that is what you need to hook to the shutoff valves.

It appears that the old fittings are compression fittings on chromed tubing. The new is a standard pipe thread. If you follow the tubing back, it should go to a valve. You can buy new tubing with pipe thread on one end and compression on the other if that is what you need to hook to the shutoff valves.

The tubbing runs directly to floor. I was trying to void replacing the tubing because the bottom is basically glued to the floor (unless I can unscrew it). Definitely glued.

Attachments

• IMG_5223.jpg
    IMG_5223.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 6759D5BD-A7DE-43E1-B0A0-419BFDFA7FB2.jpeg
    6759D5BD-A7DE-43E1-B0A0-419BFDFA7FB2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Why are the brass adapters on there?

I had to get an adjustable swing arm to line up with the holes on the tub and was trying to make it fit with the water line. This was before i realize they were threaded different.

Since my water line doesn't go to a valve and straight into the floor. What are my options?

Back