Shower Enclosure Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Borre

Reaction score
We have a project coming up that requires a 42" wide and 32" deep enclosure. It is a remodel so a one pieces with base will not work. The base is fine, so we really don't need that anyway. I have been told they make 2-pc enclosures that have a top half and bottom half that don't require caulking, but I can't find anything like that. A one-piece enclosure without a base would work. We are trying to keep caulked seams down to a minimum, if any at all. I can't find anything in this size. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

You might have to change the base to have a no caulk connection. Also check out Sterling products. I installed a 5' shower
in our house and it came in 3 pieces. No caulking required. It was a Sterling. We really like it.

You might have to change the base to have a no caulk connection. Also check out Sterling products. I installed a 5' shower
in our house and it came in 3 pieces. No caulking required. It was a Sterling. We really like it.
Did you have to replace the base, or did you use the existing one?

I bought the 3 piece set. Its the base and two sides. Great for remodel. Like Geofd said, they are very sturdy. I wouldn't
take the chance and use an existing base. You might get everything installed and then have the base leak where you put
the sides on.

Latest posts

Back