Shower Drain Intermittent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerstine1

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of the brain trust has seen my problem before and can offer me some advice. I have a shower that drains intermittent some days it drains and there is no puddle on the shower floor just wet and everything is right down the drain. Other days there is a small puddle but it drains okay no major buildup, once in awhile like today it doesn't drain and there is 2" of water in the shower and drains slow all day until it goes away but tomorrow might be fine again. I put a 25' snake down the drain, nothing much came back out. I'm trying to figure out what the next step is. Would it be worth getting a camera out here to have a look? I called my plumber and he said the only thing he can to is send a snake down again and doesn't think that will help. All the other drains seem to work fine and this drain has been like this for the 2 years I have been in the property. Can it be a vent issue? Any ideas of what would be the next logical step to isolate the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Back