Shower Drain Help! [Pics]

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HammerFFTP

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am obviously new to the forum, but it looks like there is a lot of knowledge here. As such, I am looking for some help with a shower base I am trying to install over concrete. Basically I don’t have much room to work with fittings, so I am hoping someone can suggest me a best route to attempt. In the picture you can see the drain stub out is about 4” from where it needs to be. The P trap is all glued up under the slab so unfortunately I can’t move it. (The piece of conduit is where I need the drain to be).

Basically I am currently looking at trying to cut the stub pipe as low as possible and then using 2 45s to get me where I need to be. The problem is that the offset of the 45s together is only 3” and if I space them out I am then too tall out the slab to plumb the drain. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem? I was thinking maybe if there was some flexible 45s I may be able to do something but I am not seeing those anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been weighing on me a while.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
I’d break the slab out and install a new trap.

They do make 60 degree bends.

Plus if you wanted to you could cut the pipe right at the fitting and then use a socket saver and ream the fitting
out and put your st 90 there and that would give you a little more room..

Thanks guys I hadn’t thought about trying 60s. I will look at doing that first today. Shouldn’t have any problems having two 60s before the P trap huh?

Back