Shower ceiling material

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am remodeling my master shower stall and will be tilling up to the ceiling but not tiling the ceiling. Can i just use mold resistant sheetrock with mold resistant paint or do i have to use something like cement board or kerdi board. Above the shower ceiling is the attic. For the shower walls and pan i am using kerdi 1/2 in board directly to studs. I know this maybe an obvious answer but i have fallen into the google loop and have been reading conflicting answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Green board and a good bathroom enamel will be just fine. I assume you have an exhaust fan already, but if not, make sure you install an exhaust fan as well.

Thank you for responding. Yes, I do that was the very first thing I upgraded in the bathroom and put a humidity switch to it to turn on if moisture is too high in the bathroom. Any preference to enamel Paint and brand?

Valspar Signature Satin Ultra White Tintable Acrylic Interior Paint + Primer is a good choice, but there are several brands of equal quality.

Latest posts

Back