Quantcast

Shower Cartridge part

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

SeanT

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need some assistance in identifying a part of the shower cartridge.
The cartridge itself looks like a Sayco 40 mm however (not 100% sure), I am looking for he part which attaches behind the cartridge (pic 1,2 and 3).
Also, what is it called and where would I be able to find this part? I have already tried Lowe’s and Home Depot.

Attachments

breplum

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Don't take it personally, but likely at the moment, there aren't any of us pros who recognize it. Hence: silence

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I need some assistance in identifying a part of the shower cartridge.
The cartridge itself looks like a Sayco 40 mm however (not 100% sure), I am looking for he part which attaches behind the cartridge (pic 1,2 and 3).
Also, what is it called and where would I be able to find this part? I have already tried Lowe’s and Home Depot.

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i changed a kohler shower valve cartridge that looks similar to that....what does the trim look like, you could bring that part along with the trim or pics of the trim to a plumbung supply house usually they are pretty helpful

donald_w

Reaction score
Could be an extension - part of a deep rough-in kit used when the valve is too far back in the wall to attach the cartridge and fixture directly.

havasu

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It may help the United States professionals to let them know your IP address is from Toronto, Canada, and why most aren't able to help you. Maybe shortly, some Canadian experts will chime in.

Jeff Handy

Pro Handyman, NOT A Pro Plumber
Reaction score
Sayco is also called Briggs, search for that.

And I think the cartridge and pressure balance unit are sold as a pair, so keep that in mind.

Latest posts