Should this connection be using a long sweep?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamberg

Professional
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from an ejection pump.
(and yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, that is a negative slope in the wrong direction heading to the main)

IMG_9870a.jpg

The long sweep would have less flow loss, but It isn’t necessary in most instances.

Why is there a tee in the pump outlet line ? Or is that the gravity line the San tee is in ?

Digging around and found this. If I am reading correctly the SanTee is not allowed on a horizonal to horizonal run?

They should have used a combo wye?

1616348082020.png

Attachments

• Change in direction_DWVFittings.pdf
    34.9 KB · Views: 2
That pumptainer must not require a vent.

The San tee will work ok but I wouldn’t have used it. You don’t have to worry about it stopping up when you have a pump and pvc.

If the question is whether it is a code approved fitting for that application the answer is no. Santee’s cannot be used horizontally, only vertically. The only way I’ve seen them approved horizontally is on a vent, and even then its rare and frowned upon.

If the question is whether it is a code approved fitting for that application the answer is no. Santee’s cannot be used horizontally, only vertically. The only way I’ve seen them approved horizontally is on a vent, and even then its rare and frowned upon.

Why would they frown on a san tee on its side in a vent ? I ask because thats what is used here to revent a lot in the attic.

Why would they frown on a san tee on its side in a vent ? I ask because thats what is used here to revent a lot in the attic.
I just rarely see it in my area and its usually in situations where there is no other option, so it seems to be a less than ideal method. As far as I know there is nothing in my code prohibiting their use in venting systems, but that doesn’t mean inspectors always agree with it :rolleyes:;)

I would question their reasoning. It’s for air and water vapor, I don’t see the issue.

We use them on their side, upside down and right side up in the vent system

Remember, many counties, cities, towns and villages have their own code and are proud of it. If you want to be code compliant where you live, you have to check with the local building inspector before you do anything.

Back