Should I Call a Plumber?

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

MDXWITHSPEED

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I want to replace my present electric stove in my kitchen into a gas stove. I don't if there's gas lines already present behind the kitchen stove.

Who is the right contractor to call, plumbers, electrician, or HVAC?

Matt30

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
It depends on your area. Where I’m at in Canada, plumbers don’t deal with gas. That’s a separate trade. But many of the American plumbers here do deal with gas.

breplum

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Hurry, do it before gas is banned for appliances in your community.
My dear neighboring city of Berkeley, CA has banned new gas lines to all dwellings and commercial because of global warming (it is a fact that natural gas combustion does contribute).

fixitron

Reaction score
Actually, you want a technician licensed for Natural Gas installation. Many plumbers are licensed for plumbing and gas, but not all. Some that are licensed for gas may specialize in just gas piping and appliances.

CT18

Reaction score
My dear neighboring city of Berkeley, CA has banned new gas lines to all dwellings and commercial because of global warming (it is a fact that natural gas combustion does contribute).
Plus your in Cali and when it starts shaking the less broken gas lines you have the better

Andy49

Reaction score
I have read that it is methane, pre-combustion, that contributes more to green house gas than CO2

Jeff Handy

Pro Handyman, NOT A Pro Plumber
Reaction score
Two of the biggest sources of methane pollution are from cows and termites.
No joke.