Should I buy a MAP/Oxygen kit ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bawldiggle

Reaction score
Yesterday found a new MAP/Oxygen setup for sale at au$120 ... in our local testosterone store.
- (new, including bottles, genuine USA , not Asian manufacture)
- a bargain considering the kits are normally au$499

I know if I don't buy it I will need it --- and if I do buy, it will gather cobwebs.

How do I get it past the estrogen police ... "she-who-must-be-obeyed" ?
What should my "reason" be to justify bringing the kit inside our front gate. ?
There isn't much space left in our bed along with impact demolition hammer, and portable LED work light ... and of course faithful "Trevor" ... the dog!

Would appreciate any serious counseling (and of course approval) :cool:

DUDE...how long you been married? :confused:

this is what you MUST do. skim dollars off the top on your paycheck.pocket you OT money
every time you go to the store, get 20 cash back,
when she gives you a 20 to buy a 10 dolla item, pocket the rest:cool:

then when you buy ..{.I buy guns.} a 500.00 tool use $200 out of your account,tell her thats what it cost,:eek:
pay the 300 out of your hoarded cash..
to buy a torch, you MUST build a project, using the torch for something SHE will like. stating the tool was necessary.:D

always make it about HER, when in reality you are "tool'n up":D

and remember if caught...name rank and serial number.

oh,,,another thing...put a dummy 20 hid in your wallet, but keep your cash in the trunk.
she will see your squirreled away 20 and think its cute, she will stop looking for your stash.
{I keep mine in my gun safe,no one has combo but me]

25 years married, she tells me i'm happy. :D

Married !! :eek:
I have been there twice, (17yrs + 8yrs respectively) and not very good at it.
Now with number 3 for 22 years. And we still like each other.
We got as far as an engagement ring about 17 years ago, (my idea) but when she developed a nervous twitch in one eye ... I guessed that meant "thanks but no thanks". And she says I am not very good at reading body language (?)
When a mate puts a beer in front of me I know exactly what he means. No guessing. He approves!​
"She" knows my weakness is "tools" ... if I am missing in action she invariably knows where I have been. How does she do that ? :confused:
Maybe its the smell of tool steel and whiff of unfamiliar testosterone.

I tried the open-the-can-and-heat-the-contents-at-the-same-time ... line ... but she just laughed in my face. I was serious!
When I go rock climbing for a few days a MAPP/Oxygen kit (in a steel frame/carry-case) would save carrying a can opener and matches. :)

When will the fairer sex understand just how smart we are! :cool:

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
My dad use to buy all the grandkids rescue whistles for Christmas. Boy did he get a kick watching us drive away from his house with the whistles blaring from the car.

...How do I get it past the estrogen police ... "she-who-must-be-obeyed" ?...
It is the perfect tool for emergency escape from your underground bunker after the acid rain has stopped falling.

WHAT??? You don't have an underground bunker?!?!?!?

How do I get it past the estrogen police ... "she-who-must-be-obeyed" ?

the more i talk about my toys, the more she ignores them.

they do not care. watch her eyes glaze over when you mention your tools. she could care less.

when she sees the torch,,,,you say,,oh that old thing?
I remember when we...insert long boring story of what interests you...........her eyes will glaze over and she will find some shoes to look at.

my advice, stay in the garage, we do not belong in the house,

a.gif

d (1).gif

h.gif

Last edited:
havasu said:
my dad use to buy all the grandkids rescue whistles for christmas. Boy did he get a kick watching us drive away ......... !

red bull from moonchild_2.jpg

Your dad ! Now that explains the twitch in your eye ! ... LOL! LOL!

plbgbiz said:
WHAT??? You don't have an underground bunker?!?!?!?

About 15 years ago I built a BRICK man cave. When the car was displaced from the (single space) garage for ...
... unwanted table lamps (stained and rusting), ugly chairs past their use-by-date, a new lawn mower that was a dud (where as my beloved 7½hp Briggs and Stratton still starts on one pull after 29 years), a 6ft long lead-light window that she refuses to part with, nest of 4 tables all with dodgy legs, valuable work stuff out of my old truck 11 years ago (I must sort that stuff !), two rusty wheelbarrows, 2 bags (burst ) of insulation batts ... 3 quillted duvets for the possoms and feral cats to sleep on.

But now the brick bunker is being over taken with "I'll deal with that later" .. it so full of "later" I have 10 yards of floor tiles in the back of my truck, because that is the only available space.

One trick I have learnt is to throw a handfull of her saved stuff into the weekly wheelie bin (trash) and tell her nothing. And of course when asked, "I haven't seen it !" Mr.Cool , without to much emphasis and no smirking.

She has smirk radar!
:cool:

oh.......I tried the garage man cave. did not work at all.

it was treated like you said. the catch all room.

I built a 20x30 barn. they started in on it..so i told a little white lie. I mentioned i saw a 6' diamond back rattler

the barn is now avoided like death itself.

as far as useless junk,,Mine lovely lady started collecting damn wicker baskets. she would drag them home,
put them in a box. i take the box, throw it on the brush fire.

"IDUNNO???"

NOW. we had a death in the family last year. My barn is full of antiques, lamps, books, pictures.

everything I have 12 damn lamps!!!!!!!

frodo said:
... I take some cotton balls and vaseline, dap the vaseline on the ball..use it to start fire with striker keep cotton ball in a zip lock bag

You recycle the cotton ball ? :eek:

I really like the tambourine idea ... I dont have any sisters or even daughters except for one 44 year old step daughter ... an economic opportunist and all out bludger.
Maybe I should learn to play the violin or a drum kit ... or get me one of those 6ft black rattlers, if they start to breed ;)
How would we go freighting it to Australia ? Now that would be an interesting find for Australian customs.

When the other-half tidies up I cannot find anything, and nor can she. Everything goes into any available drawer.
Our telephone table (2 drawers) was chock full of laundry clothes pegs, 4 pairs of scissors, untold old paid bills, unpaid bills, enough paper for a couple of phone books (remember phone books ?)
The laundry clothes pegs get to me, but she wants them "handy".
With a large supermarket plastic bag I removed half of the crud and put it under my office desk (along with two dead PCs) ... that was 3 years ago, and so far she hasn't asked "have-I-seen?" any of it..

My mantra is don't move anything .... I know (roughly) where everything is ! Untill I can't find it, then its her fault :D

My weakness is the "later" box. I am now up to box #3.
How can I throw out custom made parts for a job I worked on (and got paid for) in 2005 ? Or a pack of 10 x4mm roll pins.

The other half is a gem. A good sense of humour and gives as good as she gets. She is my very best friend.
I only wish I had met her 50 years ago, but then I was a jerk for the first 42 years.

;)

When the other-half tidies up I cannot find anything, and nor can she. .

My mantra is don't move anything .... I know (roughly) where everything is ! Untill I can't find it, then its her fault :D

The other half is a gem. A good sense of humour and gives as good as she gets. She is my very best friend.
I only wish I had met her 50 years ago, but then I was a jerk for the first 42 years.

;)

we are a lotta like,
276457.gif a.gif

Back