sewer line question, toilet bubbling

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammerman

Reaction score
Hello all, about five years ago I had a five foot section of pipe in the middle of my yard replaced by a plumbing company for way too much money as i have a huge tree out front and root balls were blocking the sewer pipe. Its the old terra cotta piping from the fifties. I had the five foot section in the middle of my yard replaced because that's what I could afford with a loan at the time. I have no idea five years later if tree roots have grown through other sections. So, my problem first is cost of replacement. From the door to the street is probably about 30 feet of replacement.

Second question: I have a ranch style house with two toilets and total of five sinks, two sinks in the main bathroom. My front toilet closest to the sewer line is flushing fine and water appears to be flowing freely.

My back toilet in the main bathroom further from the main sewer line and other bathroom is bubbling now and again and when showering my tub and shower are starting to fill up with water. My pipe's start at my shower drain, go thru the tub drain, the two sinks in the bathroom and then the toilet and from there goes and meets up with my other toilet and down the sewer. As your showering I can hear the water bubble up in the toilet. This happening makes me think it's not my sewer line as my first toilet closest to the sewer line is flushing fine. A few years ago I snaked the lines with a power one rented from HD. My pipes under the house are probably original from the 50's galvanized pipping.

I have dumped pipe cleaner down my tub drain and that has helped it. I also blame this thinking all the rain we have been having lately is the cause of my toilet bubbling. I could rent another snake and do that but I don't and can't spend money unnecessarily.

What would you recommended I do? Where to start? Cost wise what's my best bang for buck. Is my pipping old and better off replacing what's under the house so things flow freerer. Should I rent my own camera and check it out? Call a professional? I got raked over the coals last time so I would need an honest company to help me out. Any suggestions of what I should or shouldn't do would be helpful. Thanks, Matt btw im in Salem Oregon

I would pay for a camera to be run through your sanitary system. Once you get that done you can review with a company a plan to repair your system. Shop around and talk with these companies to see if you can get the problem solved for a price that you can afford. Good luck

Latest posts

Back