Sewage Ejector Pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaypare

Reaction score
I'm installing a new full bathroom, which is on the far right side of the house. The room used to be a porch so only has crawl space below it. I'm thinking ejector pump is the only way to go. In my basement I do have some access to this crawl space with some holes that were punched through for hvac duct work. I have access to crawl space from outside the house as well. I'd like to place the ejector pump directly on my basement floor and don't want to jackhammer/bury basin into the slab if I don't need to. If basin is free standing it's still one level completely below the bathroom. I'd then pump the waste to the other side of basement and tie into the main waste line going out to my septic. Can I leave the basin free standing in the basement? Other idea is to bury the basin underneath the crawl space, which is all dirt. It would not be easy as this is a crawl space after all. I'd appreciate some insight from the pros. Thanks, Jason

P.S. also plan to use two sewage vents, one for pump and one for fixtures.

Dumb question. Why can't you pipe it to the main? Is your septic that shallow?

Back