Sewage ejector discharge line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djb633

Reaction score
Hello
i bought a Liberty Simplex pump system for a garage bathroom, when I had the garage built, I had a 3” pipe installed through the concrete floor, now six years later I’m putting in a bathroom on the second floor with the intention of having the pump buried outside the garage. When I started to dig to bury the Simplex system I hit bedrock and can’t get it below the ground. I intend to place it inside the garage but now the issue is the discharge is 2” and the pipe is 3” through the garage floor. I can’t get the 2” discharge inside the 3” pipe so my question is, can I go from the 2” to 3” and then back to 2” and continue from there to the septic tank. It’s probably around 18” long that the pipe will be 3” through the concrete before I can reduce it back to 2”. I’m worried that with the bigger size I‘ll lose pressure. I’m only lifting the sewage around 6’.

thanks

No problem coming out of the tank and connecting that 2" to the 3".
I would definitely NOT recommend reducing the 3" back down, just run to your drain system all in 3".
I recommend a high water alarm, if you don't have one.
We only install Liberty Duplex systems. The best in my opinion.
Be sure to install the required check valve and shut-off properly at the discharge.

Back