Sewage basin lid .... 20.5"

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fixer

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace a basement sewage ejector pump and need to replace the basin cover/lid as well. The lid is 20.5" in diameter, made of steel, and has three cut outs (3" vent, 2" discharge, power chord opening). It's secured to the basin by four bolts along the perimeter.

I have been searching the net and am having trouble finding a lid that's 20.5". Does anyone know where I could get one?

Also, I have to chisel out the bolts securing it, and suspect the nuts holding the bolts under the lip of the basin are rotted out as well. I was planning to chisel out the concrete around the outside of the basin where the bolts are so that I could slip a nut in under the lip. Anyone know of an easier way?

Someone Inquired about replacing this specific type of lid awhile back, and nobody was able to locate a new one. It was recommended at that time to take your measurements to a metal fabricator. As far as the bolts, I would recommend getting a can of PB Blaster (found at most big box home improvement stores) and soaking the bolts for a day or two, then trying to unthread them with a solid socket if possible.

Thanks for your suggestions and information. I spent most of today searching again and I think I might have found the cover. There's a company called Jackel in Indiana that caries a 20.5" steel cover. Thier website is Jackel Waste Water Basins and Valves for Superior Environmental Protection and the part number is STL16. It's for 18x30 basins and as I mentioned it's 20.5 inches in diameter with the bolt circle being 19.5 inches. It's a perfect replacement.

Thanks for the information. Many struck out searching the last time one was needed!

Back