Septic Vent?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotwa27

Reaction score
So my patio area of my manufactured home always had a foul smell, like a sewer. We live right up against the freeway wall and thought the smell is coming from the other side. I was cleaning the other day and found a big concrete base with a copper pole, i thought maybe it was left here from the previous owner, so i try to move it and find that its immovable. I ask the previous owner and he said he thought it was a sewer pipe. Which makes sense because as you near the copper pipe it smells foul. So i am thinking this is a septic vent? Can anyone confirm? see pic. If it is, what are my options to try and remove smell or any other solution, because it is right up against my patio.

Any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20200429_182920.jpg
    20200429_182920.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200429_182913.jpg
    20200429_182913.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
You could try a transition coupling from copper????to pvc connect a 10’ length of pipe and see if it goes away
If it does and it’s to high cut it as low as you can until you cant smell it support the extended pip to th3 fence

Last edited:
Oh ok, u mean extend it further away.

Does this look like a septic vent? And is it normal to be located here?

Should i ask the park what they can do or is this the city in charge of this.

Ive never seen this before, so a bit confused what it is.

I don’t know what it is but if it’s causing a smell I would extend it up, if you don’t own it and it’s the parks property
You should talk to them

Latest posts

Back