Septic Tank Treatment

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildthing

Reaction score
Recently after having my septic tank pumped out, the plumber advised that I should add about 5 lbs of powdered salt every month or so to help keep the field lines clear. But I have read elsewhere that salt is not a good thing to add. Don't know who to believe.

You do not want salt in your tank. I have never ever heard of any reputable plumber suggesting such a thing.
I didn't think so. I can't name the septic tank company but is is nationwide and they have been taking over others in the field for some time now. Scary...

Maybe he meant Epsom salt?

Which I don’t think would help anyway, but some folks do it.

Recently after having my septic tank pumped out, the plumber advised that I should add about 5 lbs of powdered salt every month or so to help keep the field lines clear. But I have read elsewhere that salt is not a good thing to add. Don't know who to believe.
Epsom salt doesn't cause damage to your septic tank, this doesn't necessarily mean you should go flushing it into your tank. Many individuals think flushing Epsom salt in their septic tanks will break down waste. While salts can unclog a toilet, the effect Epsom salt has on your septic system will be minimal

Latest posts

Back