Septic tank cover??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyrossato

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm having my septic tank pumped on Thursday for the first time since I moved in to this house..I had a lot of trouble finding the cover because it is not above ground. I wound up digging the entire top of the tank up (cement tank) to find what I think is a cement cover. But it's huge. I need to know if this is the is the right cover. I have included a picture. The cover is roughly 5 ft long by 2 ft wide by 3inch thick cement.

20160712_160137.jpg

Ok, so I'm having my septic tank pumped on Thursday for the first time since I moved in to this house..I had a lot of trouble finding the cover because it is not above ground. I wound up digging the entire top of the tank up (cement tank) to find what I think is a cement cover. But it's huge. I need to know if this is the is the right cover. I have included a picture. The cover is roughly 5 ft long by 2 ft wide by 3inch thick cement.

Yes, it is the access cover (exposes both inlet and outlet baffles).

You could install septic riser(s) if you don't want to dig it up the next go-around.

Septic- Tank Riser.jpg

What i would do, is pinch bar the top off the tank, cover the hole with plastic and wood

using brick and mortar. build the sides up, so that the top is level with the ground.

then, when the septic company shows up. tell them you will not charge them for removing the lid

as long as they set it on the bricks for you . lol

do not forget your tar tape

images

Latest posts

Back