Septic smell, tapping into upper vent stack?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD MARK

Reaction score
Hey guys. Have a question about tapping into an upper vent stack.

Split level house. Pictures below show my fixture setup. The outside sitting area always gets a sewer smell when using anything on that stack line. Ive tried to trace down the issue with no resolve. (Mulitple "filters" AAVs) The vent stack is located so that the prevailing winds blow it into the side of the upper level and I believe that it curls down into that area.

I was thinking about running some pipe and tapping into the upper, HIGHER/Different side of house through the attic. This stack comes out at top of house with prevailing winds blowing it away from sitting area.

The upper stack is a 3" and the one for the kitchen/basement is a 2". Is this too many fixtures on one stack? The sitting area is not pictured correctly in the side views. The overhead shows the correct location.

Any ideas before I spend $$$ and time to run about 30' of 2" through the attic and tap into the other 3" stack to see if it works?

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Latest posts

Back