Septic question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StillH2o

Reaction score
Hello everyone, we kept getting our septic clogging and backing up for a while. We have had someone come out and auger the line from our clean out pipe to our tank, which is about 20-25 feet. Last week we had our tank pumped and our inlet baffle was super clogged up. They got it unclogged. A couple days later, the infamous gurgle came from our toilet, right inside where the clean out pipe is. Periodically the toilets would flush then it would come back again. Obviously the inlet baffle isn’t clogged so my thought is possibly roots in the line? I hope to get a camera soon and send down to see for sure. That is the only thing that comes to mind since we just had it pumped and the inlet baffle unclogged.

1. The piping could have a clog.
2. The outlet of the tank could be blocked.
3. The drain field may be failing.

One of the above or any combination of the three.

Guess my question would be, would the tank fill up in 2 days? It’s a 1,000 gallon.

Guess my question would be, would the tank fill up in 2 days? It’s a 1,000 gallon.

Sure it can. Do you have any leaking toilets or faucets ? Water intrusion into the tank from the ground ?

Or see my post #2 above at the possibilities or any combination of the three.....

If I had to pick one with the info given I’d go with you have a clog in the piping before it gets to the tank.

Sure it can. Do you have any leaking toilets or faucets ? Water intrusion into the tank from the ground ?

Or see my post #2 above at the possibilities or any combination of the three.....

If I had to pick one with the info given I’d go with you have a clog in the piping before it gets to the tank.
Morning. I'm new to this. Staying with mother-in-law and her system is backing up in the way described above. Tank was emptied a few weeks ago. Can see water in chamber and crud on the bottom of the lid. What is the process, please, for unclogging pipe before it gets to the tank? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back