Septic Control Box Humming

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geekfather

Reaction score
We had our septic system completely replaced in 2018. Complete tanks mound the works. The system is an OScar II so it continues to circulate the water. Since the box was mounted on the side of the house I can always hear the pump kick in when the relay closes so get a nice clunk. Last night however I could hear the clunk and then a humming noise ( possibly transformer). The pump is well away from the house so when I went out to listen for this humming noise it was coming from the control panel. Not loud just a definite hum noise. The humming continued even after the pump shut off. Not sure if this is normal transformer noise as it gets worn. The control box was supposed to be mounted on a post just off the house but some confusion and it is what it is so I get to hear every noise that it makes. The system seems to be operating ok and no warning messages on the LCD screen.

Just some ideas as to anyone thinks

Thank you

If it sounds different than before then I’d have your service provider come check it.
Probably a failing electrical part in the control box.

Latest posts

Back