Septic certification

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Anyone know the proper procedure for certifying a septic system?

I sold my house and called the same company that did the very two years ago. I dug up the one lid that they exposed last time to have it ready. Guy showed up and said he needed the other lid dug up as well. I told him I would have dug it but they didn't last time so I didn't this time. He said that they should have and that they didn't test it proper last time. Anyway he pops the lid off and puts my hose in the outlet tee, ran water for about ten seconds and said that he saw some water come back so he is going to fail the system and that I need new leach lines. I then told him it was his company that passed it two years ago saying it was great, he backpeddled a little and then said it must be roots from my trees even though he has no idea where my leach lines are. I am not upset if it fails but I'm sure that is not proper procedure and I'm also a little ticked because he used my hose inside the sewer pipe.

I gave up and brought my backhoe home. Called my plumber buddy with a camera. Found roots in the pipe, dug it up and it was the distribution box. Cleared it all out and everything flows.

I am having troubles getting this company back out. My realtor let them know I was upset they used my hose down the crap pipe and they got an attitude because of it. Called around and everyone seems to be busy

I am having troubles getting this company back out. My realtor let them know I was upset they used my hose down the crap pipe and they got an attitude because of it. Called around and everyone seems to be busy
that sucks
sounds like you ran into the network of plumbers
it is kind of like the blue wall for cops.

all the plumbing companies in an area where they compete know each other
and talk to each other.
like a company, ..A .. well lay off plumber joe.
he will call company... B. and tell him that joe is out of work and is either a good hire or a no hire
they must be kinda tite to tell each other not to work for you.
call a plumber from a different area

Here you have to be licensed in sewer/septic to do the cert, a plumber can't do it. I stopped by my old shop where the neighbor was a pumper and found out he was licensed and was willing to jump on it. At that very moment my realtor called and said the original company was at my house to do the retest. I let them. On my way home I called the state and found out the my Engineering license supersedes the required license and I could do my own cert. I am now kicking my own butt. At least it is passed now and they even bought me a new hose.

I am allowed to do all this stuff. Do you think I am competent in all of it?

A - General Engineering Contractor

Business & Professions Code
Division 3, Chapter 9. Contractors, Article 4. Classifications

7056. A general engineering contractor is a contractor whose principal contracting business is in connection with fixed works requiring specialized engineering knowledge and skill, including the following divisions or subjects: irrigation, drainage, water power, water supply, flood control, inland waterways, harbors, docks and wharves, shipyards and ports, dams and hydroelectric projects, levees, river control and reclamation works, railroads, highways, streets and roads, tunnels, airports and airways, sewers and sewage disposal plants and systems, waste reduction plants, bridges, overpasses, underpasses and other similar works, pipelines and other systems for the transmission of petroleum and other liquid or gaseous substances, parks, playgrounds and other recreational works, refineries, chemical plants and similar industrial plants requiring specialized engineering knowledge and skill, powerhouses, power plants and other utility plants and installations, mines and metallurgical plants, land leveling and earthmoving projects, excavating, grading, trenching, paving and surfacing work and cement and concrete works in connection with the above mentioned fixed works.

I am allowed to do all this stuff. Do you think I am competent in all of it?

A - General Engineering Contractor

Business & Professions Code
Division 3, Chapter 9. Contractors, Article 4. Classifications

7056. A general engineering contractor is a contractor whose principal contracting business is in connection with fixed works requiring specialized engineering knowledge and skill, including the following divisions or subjects: irrigation, drainage, water power, water supply, flood control, inland waterways, harbors, docks and wharves, shipyards and ports, dams and hydroelectric projects, levees, river control and reclamation works, railroads, highways, streets and roads, tunnels, airports and airways, sewers and sewage disposal plants and systems, waste reduction plants, bridges, overpasses, underpasses and other similar works, pipelines and other systems for the transmission of petroleum and other liquid or gaseous substances, parks, playgrounds and other recreational works, refineries, chemical plants and similar industrial plants requiring specialized engineering knowledge and skill, powerhouses, power plants and other utility plants and installations, mines and metallurgical plants, land leveling and earthmoving projects, excavating, grading, trenching, paving and surfacing work and cement and concrete works in connection with the above mentioned fixed works.

take a class, geta cert

my Texas license allows me to install natural gas, lp gas
and medical gas
you have to have a med gas license if you do not have a plumbers license

Back