Sanity Check ...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgsmith

Reaction score
Hey professionals,
I am remodeling an old (real old!) bathroom in my house. Attached is the new DWV that I am planning on putting in. Could one of you please take a look and let me know if I understand the codes correctly, or if I am missing something.
Thanks!
Paul

Attachments

• vent layout.png
    vent layout.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 1
The shower is shown as a form of S trap and it’s not vented properly, you have the toilet flushing past it.

So I can't wet vent the shower because the toilet is upstream? Does that mean I need to give the shower its own vent, and tie it in to the roof vent in the attic? If that's the case, it could become problematic, which is why I was trying to wet vent it.

So I can't wet vent the shower because the toilet is upstream? Does that mean I need to give the shower its own vent, and tie it in to the roof vent in the attic? If that's the case, it could become problematic, which is why I was trying to wet vent it.
This is what my plumber implemented on an uber-expensive job where he ripped out/replaced the drain lines under the house. He fastened a vent pipe on the 2" shower drain connection. He also put cleanout plugs throughout the system so we can spy on all the gremlins in the drain lines. Massive overkill, because it is easy to put the fear of grog in wives. What is the distance between the toilet and shower pipes as they enter the main drain? Should you get a pressurized toilet, it may be a problem under non-ideal conditions. I've heard a few old wives tales about that measurement (our separation is 7 feet).

Back