Sand lined trench system

Discussion in 'Septic Tanks' started by Pgoss8, Jun 19, 2019.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating:

1. Jun 19, 2019 #1

Pgoss8

Pgoss8

Pgoss8

we are looking at buying a new house and we’re told we have to have the septic system inspected twice a year. (450/yr, and there is already a contract in place with the home sale from the builder) was told by the county that it is because of the type of system. Type IV-B. My main question is are there any downfalls to sand lined trenches vs rock? Anything else to know?

2. Jun 20, 2019 #2

Ryan

Ryan

Ryan

What state are you located in? Having your system inspected twice per year seems somewhat extensive seeing how you should be able to have it pumped for that price and you shouldn't have to do that but every few years anyhow. Really depending on the type of system, occupancy and soil type.

3. Jun 21, 2019 #3

Pgoss8

Pgoss8

Pgoss8

We are in Pender county, NC. We were told the lot had too much clay for the septic system so they dug it out and brought sand in. Hence the biannual inspection. After the first year the contract renews and we can use a different inspection company OR I was told I can get certified to do the inspections myself. Could this be true?