Saddle Coupling

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan82564

Reaction score
has anyone used a saddle cpling. I need to tie into the main 4" drain in basement. I dont think there is enough room to put in the 4X 2 Y that I planed to use

I've used them only twice. Once for a bathroom sink that I tied into the main stack above all other fixture drains, and once to tie a vent line from a basement sink into the vent stack. I'm not sure why they don't make a 4x2 wye saddle. But if your tie-in will be having a goodly flow rate, using a street 45 on the saddle tee and put an easily accessible cleanout in the vertical line above the saddle tee, you should be OK, IMHO.

I've used them only twice. Once for a bathroom sink that I tied into the main stack above all other fixture drains, and once to tie a vent line from a basement sink into the vent stack. I'm not sure why they don't make a 4x2 wye saddle. But if your tie-in will be having a goodly flow rate, using a street 45 on the saddle tee and put an easily accessible cleanout in the vertical line above the saddle tee, you should be OK, IMHO.
The tie in will be for the washer drain

Latest posts

Back