RV mystery

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth_Hambrick

Professional
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i was doing a simple repair for a friends RV, Had major leakage in the cargo hold underneath the shower which was fixed by replacing the P-trap, tailpiece, and retightening the drain with fresh plumbers putty which stopped the leaking underneath. However, I am called back the next day as there is still a puddle of water forming around the toilet, It isn't leaking into the cargo hold and everything else is dry so i assume the connections between the flex-pex and the toilet is loose and leaking...sure enough it could use some serious tightening so I do that, though Notice there isn't water leaking from it at that time. I flush the toilet multiple times, wait half an hour and no more water, so I think. JOB DONE!...but.......I am called back the next day and there is still water forming a puddle around the toilet, the customer says it happens when he takes a shower, but there is a strip of carpet between the shower and the toilet that is completly dry, so i know it can't be coming through the cracks in the shower door. I'm going back in a few hours to see what the hell is happening...in the meantime though, does anyone here have any ideas?

Condensation of the steam from the shower on the cold toilet tank. Open the window, Turn on the fan, and see if it goes away.

I often get incorrect info from customers.
How often ? Usually their info isn’t helpful at all........it’s often confusing snd makes zero sense.

Is there a valve at the toilet where the toilet water inlet can be turned off while the shower is run?

Latest posts

Back