Rounded hex on supply line please help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it’s time to risk splitting it with your Dremel, just don’t go too deep into the male threads.
Make a decent slice, then try to pry open the slit with a very large flat screwdriver, with a twisting motion.

You’re sure the brass piece unscrews ? Do you have the new water line in hand ?

From what I’ve looked up the brass piece You’re chewing on is in fact part of the replaceable hose assembly.

Last edited:
This is the new line. Not sure of anything anymore. It has crossed my mind whether or not Kohler fused the hose to the faucet since according to the original spec they came with the hose pre-installed. I have contacted Kohler again to try to acquire more info. Gonna try once more with my 10" Irwin Vise Groovelock Pliers and rubber coated gloves to go clockwise before I go open 10 beers. It looks like Kohler specifically revised this faucet model to do away with this type of hose connection in 2010.

Attachments

• IMG_4918.JPG
    IMG_4918.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Those jackasses probably installed it with red locktite and a 18” wrench with a 3’ cheater

I saw an electrician had a pair of these about 6 months ago. I was so impressed I took a picture. Only thing is, 60 bucks? I leave hand tools above ceilings or in walls too often. So, I’m sticking with what I got for now.
885DFB95-DF42-43AC-95B6-4B4B2EC92F58.jpeg

I just saw for the first time Milwaukee’s version of this technology yesterday. Again, it was an electrician who had them. I didn’t take a picture, let me look it up…

Yep, here’s what I saw.
9CD2D383-B76A-4ECF-B89B-CC1B8DA1E78C.jpeg
edit: no, the Milwaukee do not self adjust like the KNIPEX. I just thought they did at first glance yesterday.

Last edited:
Amazing what a good nights rest after a day of cursing can do for your focus and resolve. Thank you to the Plumbing Forums community and all of you kind folk for the support! The sun is shining on my tiny bathroom sink this morning. "Yee are all welcome to wash thyne hands in thee sink!" --Shakespeare

Attachments

• IMG_4921.JPG
    IMG_4921.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Amazing what a good nights rest after a day of cursing can do for your focus and resolve. Thank you to the Plumbing Forums community and all of you kind folk for the support! The sun is shining on my tiny bathroom sink this morning. "Yee are all welcome to wash thyne hands in thee sink!" --Shakespeare

Very cool Bro 😎 👍

Latest posts

Back