Rough-in plumbing on new home

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillD2

Reaction score
Hello everyone and thank you for the help.

We are building a home slowly over the next year or so while we live in an RV. In order to get a credit towards the cost to run power, we must have a slab and rough-in plumbing done before getting electricity. I have done plumbing work in the past and feel that I am capable...with a good plan. The plan is what I am reaching for help on. I would even pay for the design work if that is an option.

Basically we've got a 1 story, 2 baths that are back-to-back, a kitchen and laundry room near each other as seen in the attached floor plan. Septic on one side and the well water on the other. We would like to use pex piping. I am unsure of what portions should be concreted into the slab or under, general layout efficiency, etc.

Would anyone be available to design a layout for my rough-in plumbing? For hire even?

Thank you so much for any help!

Attachments

• Plumbing with lines.jpg
    Plumbing with lines.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 1s plumb_measure 1800SF.pdf
    65.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 1s plumbing 1800SF.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 3
Here is an updated drawing with the plumbing outside of the house as a neighbor suggested.

Attachments

• Plumbing with lines 2.jpg
    Plumbing with lines 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
[FONT=Arial]@frodo[/FONT]...What do you think about the fact that some of these new washing machines have flow rates much higher than the older units. Do you think a 3" line (@ 1/8" slope) for the buried drain line from the washing machine should be considered? Particularly since it is also picking up the kitchen.

Here's an article for the OP in case he may not already be aware of it.
https://www.pmmag.com/articles/85477-it-s-not-the-plumbing

[FONT=Arial]@frodo[/FONT]...What do you think about the fact that some of these new washing machines have flow rates much higher than the older units. Do you think a 3" line (@ 1/8" slope) for the buried drain line from the washing machine should be considered? Particularly since it is also picking up the kitchen.

Here's an article for the OP in case he may not already be aware of it.
https://www.pmmag.com/articles/85477-it-s-not-the-plumbing

it would be better

a 2'' can handle the kitchen, washing machine and that scullery sink with out a problem
I do like the idea of up sizing it, would not hurt my feelings if the 3'' also went to the kitchen ink

OP
If, you do use Diehards suggestion and run a 3'' line to he washing machine

below the concrete, tun up with a 3'' 90. then install a 3x2 bushing in the 90.
this way, the 2'' pipe will fit in a 2x4 wall...
OR. change the 2x4 wall to a 2x6 wall

:thumbsup:
Yes...you could get away without the need to use 3" in the vertical.
I was only referring to the buried horizontal line for the 3".

The discharge rate issue only comes up with AAVs not conventionally vented laundry situations.
In 45 years, I've never encountered any reported problems with normally vented 2" laundry, kitchen, bathroom groups.

Thank you so much frodo!
I have a new drawing of the basic horizontal structure. It's a combo of your suggestions and a friend in town. I realize my 4" pipes are overkill, but I wanted to make it simple and clog free. I dunno.

What do you think of this layout?

Attachments

• IMG_5696.jpg
    IMG_5696.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Could you check my logic here on these drawings? Any big no-nos? Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_5700.jpg
    IMG_5700.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5701.jpg
    IMG_5701.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back