Rinnai R94LS Question/Replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhSnap

Reaction score
We have a Rinnai R94LS that of course got damaged by the Texas Freeze. We're not sure if it's best to replace it or fix it, as we don't know what repair costs might be like. Don't know the technical terms, but the top section is a copper box with copper pipes, guessing a radiator like object, and a copper pipe burst. It's welded on, so clearly needs the whole thing replaced. When the water is one, it pours out like a garden hose.

Any ideas on how much this part would reasonably cost? And how hard it is to replace? I'm fairly handy, but know my limits.

If it is costly to fix, we are fine replacing it as it's 10 years old, and new modern one might be better. Anyone know of one that can be directly swapped without too much re-piping?

Any help is appreciated, even if just to get a general idea.

Attachments

• 20210221_135118.jpg
    20210221_135118.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210221_180139.jpg
    20210221_180139.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 5
I’d replace the unit. That’s the heat exchanger. Other parts are likely damaged as well that you can’t see.,,

You could spend more money than the units worth buying parts and having them installed.

If you could tinker with it yourself it could be worth a shot to braze that split closed and test it.......I wouldn’t pay anyone to play with it though.

It would take me 30 minutes to replace that unit once I stepped out of the van, maybe quicker.

Back