Replacing Waste Disposal - Related Questions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not cross threaded. I made sure it was going on smoothly by hand. But now i do think the pipe between the disposal and the T was just a bit too long and pushing that tail pipe so it wouldn't line up. I just cut that pipe a little shorter so there's no pressure pushing against the T, and am about to put it back together for another test. Knocking on wood.

And yes, I am using a wrench on the metal nut while keeping the basket from turning.

Thanks! I greatly appreciate all the advice and feedback I've received.

Still have a very slow leak where the pipe comes from the disposal into the T. And it's very very slow. Like a drop over the course of several hours of intermittent use. But I still want to fix it.

Here's what I've done already:

• shortened that pipe so it was pushing against the T
  • replaced the compression washer
  • replaced the compression nut
  • raised the T up slightly so that it was better aligned

I'm wondering if there's a manufacturing burr on the T that's compromising the washer, no matter what washer i use? Or if there's something else I should look at?

1 week out, and no leaks! Maybe the regular expansion/contraction helped it to finally seal properly.

Thanks again to all for the tips and advice!

Good job! Good advice.
When you can, replace the double sink, with a single one and a deep one if possible. Simplified plumbing and no more blockages unless you really overdo disposing of stuff.

And you get a work area for mixing stuff, and a dish washing area that accepts large items for cleaning.

Latest posts

Back