Replacing faucet handle

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

orh4216

Reaction score
Hey there,

my husband and I are trying to remodel our home to sell it. The handle on this faucet has been broken since we bought the house and we are trying to simply replace it. We are stuck since to cut the pipes we would have to remove the cabinet in the other bathroom and want to make this a simple, cost-effective replacement. Any tips?

Attachments

Geofd

Staff member
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

my husband and I are trying to remodel our home to sell it. The handle on this faucet has been broken since we bought the house and we are trying to simply replace it. We are stuck since to cut the pipes we would have to remove the cabinet in the other bathroom and want to make this a simple, cost-effective replacement. Any tips?
I think that’s a delta shower valve if you bring that pic to a plumbing supply house they will be able to help it should be plastic and round with edges
I

breplum

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Be very careful if you try to deal with this yourselves.
Those caps can be extremely resistant to unscrew, and on lots of those old Delta valves, they just have soft copper tubing connecting the control to the valve body. In twisting the cap off, often, you will twist and wreck the tubing and all is lost.
The sky will fall...