Replacing Diverter Valve and Hand Shower on Jetted Tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_z1991

Reaction score
Hello,

My problem is as the title says. The diverter isn't working anymore and the hand shower hose is broken. Here are some images of the faucet.

JettedTubFaucet.jpg BrokenHose.jpg Diverter.jpg

1) What do you even call this? I've seen "5 hole, deck mounted, roman tub faucet" and "triple handle, deck mounted, roman tub faucet". Or is that wrong too?

2) What am I working with? Is it Delta, or Moen, or something else? I've looked for brand markings and can't find any.

3) How do I replace the hand shower? I thought that the cover/knob thing on the far right that keeps the hose retained would screw off/pull off so you can get the hose and shower head out but that doesn't work (grabbed it with pliers and it just kept spinning without getting any tighter or looser). I can't see a set screw either so I'm not sure what to do (cut the cover/knob? start smashing tiles?).

4) How do I replace the diverter? So the handle on the left screws off and then there's a nut under that, that I imagine holds the diverter valve in place. So, undo the nut then the diverter valve should pull right out, right? I think this one makes sense but it ties back into 2 because if I know what I'm working with then I can get a replacement part.

Hope you guys can help point me in the right direction with this stuff.
Thanks.

Everything you need to get to is underneath. You can get a new deck mounted faucet and just get covers for the holes that arent used. You could also look for a new faucet with sprayer.

Ugh... So the tub is completely tiled all around. There's an access hidden in a closet in an adjacent room, but that's only for servicing the pump (there's no way someone could crawl through there to get underneath). All the other walls are exterior.

I have to go through the tiles then?

Back