Replacing 15/16 kitchen faucet aerator with swivel aerator.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Invisigoth

Reaction score
Hello I have come across this aerator installed on the kitchen faucet. I want a shower stream so I have looked up this swivel aerator on Amazon that is supposed to create a shower stream when you swivel it; https://amzn.to/2Dx64el

Here is a picture of what I have already installed. Seems to be a quarter sized, 15/16 in aerator;

Not knowing much about plumbing, having noticed a thread on the outside of this aerator, I was hoping I could just screw on something that would give me a shower stream. However after much research last night I came to know it is a dual thread aerator, I don't think there is something I can simply screw on the outside threads of this aerator.

I believe I am supposed to remove it first and then I'll be able to screw on the swiveling one from Amazon once I order it?

Would like some input on what I can do to achieve a basic shower stream in my kitchen sink.

Have you removed the existing aerator? Does it have male threads or female threads?

In any case, I believe the one in the picture will work regardless.

you need to remove the existing aerator. you are correct that is a internal/external thread to match different faucets. once you take that off you should be able to attach the spray head you want. they usually come with different adapters for different style faucets.

Back