Replacement Nibco 1-1/4 Inch Union Ball Valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeezix

Reaction score
The handle on my Nibco "Tru Bloc" ball valve broke away inside the valve housing. The valve is the main shutoff to my irrigation system. Here is a description of what I have:

Part Nr: 962010 (stamped on valve housing but not listed on the Nibco website)
Size: 1-1/4 inch
Pressure: 150 PSI @ 73F degrees
Input: Threaded female
Output: Union fitting terminating in female threads
Material: PVC
Valve type: 1/4-turn ball
Year purchased: 2001

20201014 Ball Valve with union 02 edited.jpg

Hopefully someone can help me find a replacement?

Last edited:
I've found several on the internet but have not found a site that gives dimensional specs. BTW, the overall height of the valve is important.

I tried the apollo site but the site has problems, so that's out.

Last edited:
Post pictures of the info stamped on the valve, maybe you are interpreting it wrong.

I think that is called a single union pvc ball valve, if that helps you search for it.

I think I found what I'm looking for at FlexPVC. The choice is between the single union pcv ball valve (T4-012 1.25") for $23.67 and the Tru-Union double union valve (1414GST 1.25") for $12.33. Not sure which to choose and am waiting for the length spec of the single union valve from FlexPVC. Prolly go with that one if the length is okay.

This serves as a reminder: Operate all your ball valves at least twice a year to make sure they still turn, Too many shafts and/or handels are broken when a ball valve has been in the same position for a long time.

Show a pic of where the valve is going.

Maybe you are not thinking of some options that are easier than finding a new valve of the same length as the old one.

The part that I'm replacing is the one with the blue handle.

20151028 Lower front pipe repair 02 960 pix.jpg

I ordered a replacement valve from FlexPVC that I think will fit.

A replacement came in the day after the irrigation water was turned off for the season.

Anyways, I installed the single union ball valve, pressurized the system using city water, and found no leaks.

Back