Replacement Faucet Valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenGasket

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been trying for a long time to replace a stem in my sink that's been causing a steadily increasing drip. Posted a separate thread about identifying a replacement but I'm coming to the conclusion it's unlikely I'll find something that matches.

Anyway, plan B is to replace the valve itself, and with it get a different stem. Is this a totally crazy idea to replace just one valve? Figure as long as the broach is the same and the OD of the valve is the same, I shouldn't need to change the handles. If somewhat sane, where can I find replacement valves? Attaching picture of existing valve for reference.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20201218_154848.jpg
    20201218_154848.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
What you have a picture of is not a valve, the bigger section is were you stem goesthe connection in the middle goes to your spout and the bottom connection connects from your water supply to the brass piece, only the same brand and model stem will fit in what you show

What you have a picture of is not a valve, the bigger section is were you stem goesthe connection in the middle goes to your spout and the bottom connection connects from your water supply to the brass piece, only the same brand and model stem will fit in what you show
Thanks Geofd! Yeah what would you call this thing? I can't find a replacement stem that matches so thought I could replace this piece to something with a more standard stem will make everything easier. Any clue if that would work?

Thanks Geofd! Yeah what would you call this thing? I can't find a replacement stem that matches so thought I could replace this piece to something with a more standard stem will make everything easier. Any clue if that would work?
I call it a “ rough valve “ of the widespread lavatory flavor or possibly a Roman tub valve.

Thanks guys. Will it screw anything up if I replace the hot one and not the cold? Again, assuming I get one that uses a stem with the same size broach so the handle and all the visible pieces can stay the same

Latest posts

Back