Replaced combo and yard clean out with roots

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt.mena

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually don’t do residential work unless it’s a family in need or a widow or something. A contractor I work with told me about her sister’s family’s situation. Sewage backed up into their home again. They had the line snaked a few times over the years. Roots got into a cracked 4” san tee under the yard c/o. 6 hours for me and a helper to get it replaced right and we put their grass back together using flood lights. Happy to help.

Not just making a living, but making a difference as we Honor Christ, Exceed customers expectations & Equip one another for success.

Attachments

• CEA4EB6F-501D-4C87-8685-34BBF0AA6A46.jpeg
    CEA4EB6F-501D-4C87-8685-34BBF0AA6A46.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 9A6F2D00-1A06-4BE0-88E1-2E836BA5EC7E.jpeg
    9A6F2D00-1A06-4BE0-88E1-2E836BA5EC7E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 4FE453C3-8511-42BE-86D2-B89D4EFE05DF.jpeg
    4FE453C3-8511-42BE-86D2-B89D4EFE05DF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Do you guys ever make arrangements so you can run a cable back toward the house from the yard ?

Do you guys ever make arrangements so you can run a cable back toward the house from the yard ?
Like a double clean out? I did that one time for a new church cafeteria. On a detail cut out it showed how they wanted the yard clean out to be constructed. In the 4” trunk place a combo to clean away from building, and a combo the other direction to clean toward building. Looked like a “U”. That what you mean?

A friend of mine told me in California a double clean out and a running trap is required in the sanitary trunk line of homes before they tie onto city sanitary. Running traps required to keep rodents from getting into the house’s plumbing. Anyone know if that is still true?

Last edited:
Yep, that way you can clean both ways. There’s also just a two way cleanout tee.,

Most places don’t have house traps.

Like a double clean out?...
A friend of mine told me in California a double clean out and a running trap is required in the sanitary trunk line of homes before they tie onto city sanitary.

Two clean outs required here: one just outside the home and one just before connecting to sewer main. There’s also one just as the house main exits foundation—which is less than 3’ from the first one outside.

Latest posts

Back