Rent-a-pump-puller.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap

Reaction score
I've seen a few pretty slick, small and portable, pump puller rigs for submersible pumps on the net. Does anyone know if any tool rental businesses have anything like this? I'm not finding it in my area. Just wondering if I should keep looking or give it up.

IMAG6533.jpg

IMAG6548.jpg

Last edited:
Rentals are few and far between but I found one only an hour away.

Those upsie daisies etc are not for all applications and may or may not handle the weight of your pump and pipe. I have never known anyone in the business who used one, we all had pump hoists or boom trucks. Boom trucks can also be used for fishing unlike the upsie daisies. If it breaks off, or you slip and lose the string, your going to have to call a pro who has fishing tools. Those guys are few and far between also. If you need any fishing tools, I have some for sale.

Sobering thoughts to ponder! I have plan B if the weight is too much for the "UP-Z-DAZY". It's rated for 600 lbs. though.

I don't see a string on it. The pipe is twenty foot sections of schedule 80 (@ 170') I don't know what that weighs.

I see, thanks for your reply. I better have plan B at the ready.

I rented the Up-Z-Dazey. It worked like a charm! 170 feet schedule 80 with stainless connectors in the water and galvanized connectors above the water line. Some of the galv. Connectors were badly rusted and the expansion of the rust damaged the pvc threads a bit so I didn't re-use those sections. I replaced the top four sections with schedule 120 pvc with male/female ends, no connectors.

The U-Z-D is a well designed quality rig.

IMAG6591.jpg

IMAG6585.jpg

IMAG6584.jpg

IMAG6583.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks speedbump! I really appreciated having access to this forum. Reading the earlier discussions gave me a feeling for what I was about to get myself into and a proper respect for what could happen with any slip-ups! I never let my guard down and didn't relax until I heard that reassuring sound of water and pressure in the system.

Thanks again!

Back