Removing Moen "Renzo" kitchen faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Gavle

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a handyman, not a plumber and to prove it I bought and installed a Moen "Renzo" faucet about 3 months ago. Well got a message from the client showing the seal at the bottom where it swivels is popped out already. I remember looking at the tiny oring and plastic pieces and saying to myself, I bet this won't last a year.

I told the client I would install another brand of faucet for him. The problem is that Moen supplies what I have heard is a 21mm nut at the faucet base and a wrench with the faucet to service it. And of course its not in my truck where I was sure I had left it

My question is can I use a Rigid faucet and basin tool to remove the Moen faucet I will I have to use the proprietary Moen tool?

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah I saw that size listed on the tools packaging, but I am worried the 7/8ths may be the second size down from the top of the adaptor and the nut may not reach far enough into the well....I guess I will find out Thursday :)

Latest posts

Back