Removing faucet cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewriversactor

Reaction score
I've got a leaky faucet. It leaks every time we shut off the water just a few drips from the bottom of the handle. I have no idea why it's leaking I imagine either some dried out grommet or spent cartridge?

A friend said it's likely a cartridge so I'm going down this route. Now,
I'm trying to remove the cartridge so that I can take it to a hardware store to find replacements; however, it's not clear to me how to unscrew the cartridge stopper (see images). Is there some sort of tool that is used to remove the threaded washer in order to access the cartridge. Or am I meant to pull the cartridge out directly. I have tried giving the cartridge a tug but I'm not prepared to replace the entire faucet so I have not given it my all fearing that I will only make matters worse.

-2j8kas.jpg7pawxl.jpg

Attachments

• 16538706067206580894097438735777.jpg
    16538706067206580894097438735777.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
The chrome shroud comes off either push/snap fit or unscrews.
Turn off the water first.
Then usually there is a big nut to unscrew before the cartridge can be pulled out.

The chrome shroud comes off either push/snap fit or unscrews.
Turn off the water first.
Then usually there is a big nut to unscrew before the cartridge can be pulled out.
I will try removing the chrome shroud, i assumed it was the wrong side of the cartridge so wouldn't be helpful.

Thank you for responding!

Back