Removel of unwanted plumbing?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griffnuts

Reaction score
I have wall that was removed by the previous owner of the home, but the plumbing was left in place. The cabinets were built around the small manifold and a drain. They had used it for a vegetable sink. I would like to remove this so I can floor over it and install new cabinet with out modifying them. There are 2 hot, 2 cold water lines and a 1 1/2" cast iron drain. One of the cold lines has a smaller white/clear plastic pipe passed throw it that goes to the manifold by the kitchen sink. It must have been some kind of repair. My question is can I move this manifold below floor level and cut this metal drain off and plug it?

The line with the white tube going OR coming from the kitchen will need to be rerouted. Copper line that it is in I'm sure has failed.

Pretty ingenious way of fixing a slab leak though, I will have to admit.

what is that white PCV pipe going up to? If it's a vent you may not be able to abandon it if you don't know what else it may be serving

White pipe is the drain for the vegetable sink. Can that be capped off under the slab. The water lines I can put in the attic, really don't know what to do with the drain.

Latest posts

Back