Relocating Hot Water Baseboard Heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexreynolds502

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need to DIY a Hot Water Baseboard Heater Relocation from one wall to the one side wall to the left of it.

The only reference link I have so far on how to do this is here (see link below) but I think the guy goes a little crazy because he talks about using a Compressor to drain water out.

http://www.infobarrel.com/How_To_Move_A_Piece_Of_Hydronic_Hot_Water_Baseboard

Here are some photos to illustrate the layout and what I need to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated because I am not a professional plumber.

I have not talked to any plumbers or had any plumbers visit the home to give any estimate for this work yet, but for all of your professionals, what would you estimate the cost/charge for such a service?

IMG_0741_zps700f8109.jpg

IMG_0279_zpsa2e7f07c.jpg

IMG_0278_zps76b25c8f.jpg

IMG_0276_zps8670a49b.jpg

FROMSTAIRS-BACKOFROOM_zps5588f3dc.jpg

IMG_0749_zps33f2a292.jpg

FurnaceWhole-LeftPEXCable_zps0b4813c5.jpg

FURNACELEFTPEXTUBING_zpsfec08a29.jpg

PEXTUBINGRIGHTSIDE900NOTEXT_zpse456e21b.jpg

ELECTRICALBOXPEXTUBINGISSUE_zps65d7bee1.jpg

PLEXTUBINGINCLOSET_zpsaabf8eb2.jpg

Regarding this photo below......I have since opened it up and all it is is a protective cover/housing for the PEX tubes as it enters the wall.

BoxCover_zps72c81db7.jpg

IMG_0742_zps4a7ce843.jpg

NEWCARPETROOM_zpsf96897b1.jpg

Please advise!!!!

Looks like you may have ki-tec piping, not pex. If you see any ki-tec markings on that pipe, you have another obstacle to work around. Replace the pipe with modern pex designed for heating.

As for the relocation....easy. All the baseboards are connected in series, so just relocate the supply/return ends of that radiator wherever you want.

Latest posts

Back